Sunday 3 April 2022

Special: Blog Update and First Listen Thoughts

Howdy partners! First off we'll get to the part everyone wants to know so that those that came to see who won the TV Show poll... Congratulations goes to: The Boys! This was my expected winner but they had a couple close matches I didn't expect including in the Finals where Invincible earned 40% of the vote.

Now with that out of the way I want to announce that with the exception of the rare "Special" such as this one this will be a music blog going forward. Did you like my mini movie reviews? Fear not. They are staying but in a new format. Head on over to the DonnyFTW Presents Youtube channel where I will be doing a One & Done Review every Friday. In One & Done, I will review a movie in 1 minute. So Subscribe and check out the current videos on The Batman, Fresh, Turning Red, The Adam Project and The Lost City right here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV3cVW6FvnsOf7pW3NNxYEQ

Finally, with that out of the way First Listen Thoughts will most likely be a main Sunday component here going forward. So in saying that, the format of that will change. Instead of just giving a quick broad overview of the album with some favourites and some least favourites, I will be going track by track. To show you what I mean, let's run through the new EP by First And Forever entitled "'Til Death To Us Part"

1. 'Til Death Do Us Part: This was released as a single before the release of the EP so I've spent quite a bit of time with it and I enjoy it quite a bit. The lyrics are strong and I enjoy the way the music changes melody quite often. It's a contender for the Top 10 Countdown and a dark horse for the Top 100 of the year.

2. You Would Never: Surprised to see a mid-tempo song this high in the tracklist. It's a pretty solid track they must have released as a single as it has a lot streams and constantly had me bopping my head the whole way through.

3. The Harder We Fall: The middle track on this 5 song EP has a haunting beginning that I didn't really love but after about 40 seconds it picks up to be a pretty great mid-tempo banger. This one has the least amount of streams thus far but it might be my favourite on this EP.

4. If There's Smoke, There's A Fire: Okay so this is kind of mid-tempo too! It's very strange as the instrumentation is very heavy but the melody is not and the bridge is a breakdown with scream. I'd akin this to something that sounds like Rain City Drive or Caskets. Maybe that's just who this band is now and I'm all for it.

5. Sick Little Games: This is yet another track that isn't my first listen as it was a single in 2021 and I quite enjoy it. Certainly the darkest sounding and loudest track on the EP, this track just missed my top 100 of last year.

Overall: The last EP made my top EP's of the year list and I expect this to do the same. It's a lot of fun and has me wanting to revisit it immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment