Wednesday 15 May 2019

Special: Avengers: Endgame, Long Shot, Dragonball Super: Broly Mini-Reviews

Avengers: Endgame:

Synopsis: The grave course of events set in motion by Thanos that wiped out half the universe and fractured the Avengers ranks compels the remaining Avengers to take one final stand in Marvel Studios' grand conclusion to twenty-two films, "Avengers: Endgame."

My thoughts: This was a highly satisfying movie. I will not give away anything spoilery but I will say the film takes a few unexpected twists and turns each more enjoyable than the next. The Avengers were due for change after Infinity War and Endgame provides it as a step up from it's predecessor. The 3 hour run time feels like 1.5 since you're so invested in what's happening with lots of comedy, enough action and even some drama blended in for good measure. Can't wait to see what the next 22 films have in store for us.

Final verdict: 5 snaps out of 5.

Long Shot:

Synopsis: Fred Flarsky (Seth Rogen) is a gifted and free-spirited journalist with an affinity for trouble. Charlotte Field (Charlize Theron) is one of the most influential women in the world. Smart, sophisticated, and accomplished, she's a powerhouse diplomat with a talent for... well, mostly everything. The two have nothing in common, except that she was his babysitter and childhood crush. When Fred unexpectedly reconnects with Charlotte, he charms her with his self-deprecating humor and his memories of her youthful idealism. As she prepares to make a run for the Presidency, Charlotte impulsively hires Fred as her speechwriter, much to the dismay of her trusted advisors. A fish out of water on Charlotte's elite team, Fred is unprepared for her glamorous lifestyle in the limelight. However, sparks fly as their unmistakable chemistry leads to a round-the-world romance and a series of unexpected and dangerous incidents.

My thoughts: Honestly I went into this thinking this was a solid 3 since I don't do halves but I'm having a hard time getting it that low. The chemistry between the stars is undeniable even if sometimes it reverts back to typical Seth Rogen fair but you quickly forget when the script gets sharper.

Final verdict: 4 embarrassing boners out of 5.

Dragonball Super: Broly:

Synopsis: A planet destroyed, a powerful race reduced to nothing. After the devastation of Planet Vegeta, three Saiyans were scattered among the stars, destined for different fates. While two found a home on Earth, the third was raised with a burning desire for vengeance and developed an unbelievable power. And the time for revenge has come. Destinies collide in a battle that will shake the universe to its very core!

My thoughts: I was pretty disappointed with this. I've enjoyed the last few Dragonball movies quite a bit and I got the hype for this one since it made Broly cannon as he previously only appeared in GT, a series widely panned and quickly wrote off as not cannon but people loved Broly. I never watched GT so I didn't have that attachment so for me this film introduced me to him and it did very little. The fight scenes as always was exciting and I enjoyed the ending we got however there wasn't a whole lot going on here, much to my chagrin,

Final Verdict: 3 Saiyans out of 5


No comments:

Post a Comment