Sunday 4 December 2016

Special: Top 10 Christmas-Themed Funko Products

10. Metallic Holiday Dancing Groot POP!















This guy was exclusive to Hot Topic and can still be had for about $10 US off eBay. Featuring a Metallic paint job for the snow and a festive bow around the pot. This is a must have for any POP Collector.

9. Holiday Jawa Wacky Wobbler
















Here's one that's harder to find but when it does go up, it's not crazy expensive as one sold on eBay for $14.99 US just last month. I'm not sure how I'd feel if a Jawa showed up on my doorstop with a gift in hand but this is by far the best of the Star Wars Holiday Wacky Wobblers. The Wobblers line was never that popular but with Funko releasing a new line of Wobblers and using Star Wars as the springboard these guys will get snatched up quickly.

8. Heat Miser Plushie



















From the classic TV Special The Year Without A Santa Claus we bring you Heat Miser! If you find this guy grab him. I scoured the Internet and couldn't find a single one for sale or that sold in the last little while which is depressing! Just look at the detail that went into this Plushie (which was widely considered one of Funko's laziest lines - No wonder it was so short lived) the only plushies released were the first few characters in the original POP lines (Television, Heroes, Holidays, etc.) before Funko pulled the plug.

7. Holiday Toothless POP!



















Everyone's favourite dragon is back this time with a festive wreath! Okay so maybe I'm a little biased because Toothless was one of my most sought after POP's when I started collecting but I just think this guy looks so cool and I NEED to have him in my collection. Not easy to see in Canada but online he can be found in the $20 - $25 range so not overly prohibitive.

6. Snowman Jack Mystery Mini














The cheapest thing found on our list! This Mystery Mini from the first Nightmare Before Christmas Mini set can be had for only $2 off eBay. If you're a fan of Glow-in-the-dark variants this guy has one of those as well that was exclusive to Hot Topic but I went with the normal Snowman Jack only because the GITD one was very lazy (what snowman glows?). NBC Mini's had lots of Christmas options to choose from but Snowman Jack was the winner... Now if only we can get a POP of him! (Spoiler alert: It's coming)

5. Christmas Gizmo ReAction Figure
















Tough choice between the two Gizmo Reactions but for the purpose of this list a Santa hat is just much more Christmassy than a Candy Cane. Not a big ReAction fan (don't like them much at all really) but the Gremlins set just feels so right... Maybe it's because of the 80's setting but I've been tempted to grab these myself on a few occasions.

4. Santa Jack Mega POP! Plush













There are so many great Santa Jack Funko products to choose from you'd think it be harder to find the one representative for this list but when it came down to it, it wasn't that tough. This Mega Plush stands out among it's POP, Dorbz, Reaction, Mystery Mini, Plush, Mopeez, etc. counterparts. He cost about $25 in stores so he won't be cheap but he's huge and awesome to look at.

3. Flocked Bunny Suit Ralphie
















I'm really shocked this guy isn't higher as it's one of, if not my most sought after POP! currently but I just don't have the $$$ to throw down over $100 on him currently. The classic scene from A Christmas Story where Ralphie puts on his Bunny Suit is a great POP on it's own. But when Gemini Collectibles released an exclusive Flocked version the game changed! One day he'll be in my collection. Hopefully sooner rather then later.

2. Christmas Stitch Dorbz












This Stitch in a Santa suit is so cute! He was just released like 2 days ago on the Funko Shop but don't worry he's a 10,000 piece edition so he'll be up there for a while. But mine's already on it's way to me ;)

1. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer POP! Line



















I realize this is a little bit of a cop out but how could I just pick one from this excellent line!? One day I'll finish this one off... I'm still short a Hermey and Misfit Elephant which are going for $80 & $185 respectively... Ooof. If you're fortunate enough to have them all just know I'm extremely jealous since these are some of the best products Funko ever produced, let alone Holiday ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment