Monday 20 October 2014

Special: DC Comics Films Dream Casting Part 1 - Suicide Squad

In case you missed it earlier this week, Warner Bros officially announced their plans for the DC Comics cinematic universe that began with 2013's Man Of Steel and continues with at least 10 more films including the previously announced Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice (click HERE for more info) and although some casting announcements have been made it's time to dreamcast the other 9 films. In This first part we tackle the next DCCU movie after Batman V Superman... 2016's Suicide Squad.

Rumour is Warner's is circling 4 A-list actors for this film, Will Smith, Tom Hardy and Ryan Gosling have been among those rumoured, but here's my choices:

Deadshot: As much as I like Gosling as an actor, Hardy is the perfect choice to become leader of the Suicide Squad. Plus Gosling did say he wouldn't do a superhero movie and that Drive would be his version of one.

Harley Quinn: I would love to get a young Helena Bonham Carter in this role, but since she's too aged we'll go with one of her Harry Potter student's with Emma Watson. She's elegant enough to pull of the psychiatrist role and crazy enough to play Harley. If she can nail the voice, there is no one better.

Captain Cold: Okay I'm cheating a little bit here because of my Percy Jackson fandom, but David Ayer is directing Suicide Squad and his current film Fury, stars Logan Lerman and I'd loved to see him lead a younger team of Rogues, though I'm sure they'll go older and Boomerang is likely ticketed for Suicide Squad I can dream.

Killer Frost: Emily Browning... No questions here. Snyder loves her and her career's on a downturn currently. She'd kill to be frost (see what I did there) and she'd do a great job.

Black Spider: The fact that Smith is being circled leads me to think there must be at least one African-American member, though I don't think Smith fits with my younger squad, I'd like to say Michael B. Jordan but he's likely tied up with Fantastic Four so I will again go with a Percy Jackson connection and cast Brandon T. Jackson as Black Spider while also being the comedic relief.

Amanda Waller: Finally, what's the Suicide Squad without it's fearless leader that stuck bombs in all their necks? I'm thinking they'll go with a sexy New 52 version of Waller so I'm thinking Halle Berry would work.

Villain; They could go anyway with this. Part of me thinks they should use a lesser Batman villain (Victor Zsasz?) but on that same note does Zsasz (I think Jude Law would be awesome as him BTW) warrant having the Suicide Squad come after him. Which is why I believe they'll go with a mob type villain, either headed by Falcone, Penguin or my personal pick Black Mask. The obvious pick is Hugo Weaving, but he may want to get away from masked villains/vigilantes so I'm going with Guy Pearce or Ralph Fiennes, both are European but both are bat-shit crazy! I also wouldn't hate Tim Roth.


No comments:

Post a Comment